Monday 22 December 2014

Honey Chilli Chicken

Finally I have cooking facilities, first for 2 weeks! So I've made Honey Chilli Chicken and will be serving it with vegetable rice.
I bubbled up sliced onions and peppers in water to soften them, then added diced chicken breasts. Let them all cook through.

Meanwhile in a pan put canned pineapple juice ( I'm eating the pineapple with porridge tomorrow), 5 tbsp vegetable stock, 1 tbsp tomato puree,2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar, 4 tbsp diet fanta, 1 whole chopped chilli with the seeds ( I love hot food) and 2 tbsp runny honey. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes.

Mix 2 level tsp of cornflour with 2 tsp of the onion/ chicken water into a smooth paste and stir into the sauce. Add the chicken mixture and simmer until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment